Hardy family relatives

Started by CalvinKnox, September 13, 2024, 04:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalvinKnox

Frank and Joe's Great Grandfather Abner was mentioned in the Hidden Harbour Mystery, and Aunt Gertrude's Cousin Hattie was mentioned in What Happened at Midnight. What other relatives are mentioned throughout all the various series?

tomswift2002

Their Aunt Janet Hardy and her daughter appear in the "Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys Solve A Christmas Mystery" story from the 1980 Family Circle magazine and was later reprinted in SuperSleuths Volume 1.

Presumably Janet's husband and Fenton's brother is mentioned as being a lawyer and getting the Frank & Joe's legal troubles dealt with in The Secret of The Red Arrow in the 2013 launch of The Hardy Boys Adventures.  I'm assuming that he's Janet's husband, since in 1980 the majority of women took their husbands last name upon marriage, and unwed mothers were still not looked upon too favorable, so I don't think Janet Hardy would be Fenton and Gertrude's blood sister, more like sister-in-law.

"The Phantom Freighter" has Fenton recovering a portrait of Great-Grandfather Hardy that belonged to Gertrude.

And of course there was Chris Hardy in Double Exposure

And if you wanted too...Nancy Drew as Frank's wife and Bess Marvin as Joe's wife.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

There's also their mother, Laura Hardy. :)  Is her first name given in the original series or is Laura only a more modern thing in recent series?
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on September 15, 2024, 08:46:00 PMThere's also their mother, Laura Hardy. :)  Is her first name given in the original series or is Laura only a more modern thing in recent series?

Laura's name was given way back in 1927 by Leslie McFarlane.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

VLoneWolf

I think they have a cousin in the Mystery of the Whale Tattoo. Its been a long time since I read it but I think their Aunt Gertrude said her cousin Elmer? was going to visit.

CalvinKnox

Thanks for the info folks, not quite enough for a whole family tree ;D
Wasn't Mrs. Hardy accidentally called "Mildred" or something in one of the original books?

tomswift2002

Quote from: CalvinKnox on September 18, 2024, 07:47:18 PMThanks for the info folks, not quite enough for a whole family tree ;D
Wasn't Mrs. Hardy accidentally called "Mildred" or something in one of the original books?

That was the original "The Mystery of the Flying Express", where Collig was also called Finch. 

MacGyver

Quote from: tomswift2002 on September 16, 2024, 04:32:36 PMLaura's name was given way back in 1927 by Leslie McFarlane.
Okay- thanks for clearing that up. I have only read a few of the original text books.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"